10.27.2011

Hibiscus.


Vintage Stunning Drape Tee, In Store Now.
Well, my darling readership. Here is a real fashion post for you! My new Hibiscus lipstick by Mary Kay just arrived the other day. Let me tell you, "hibiscus" is an understatement! After I finished applying it, I stepped back from the mirror and startled myself a bit! But as I don't wear any makeup, it's kind of fun to wear a bold lip color in the cooler seasons. Getting the right hue (pink, not brick) will bring out the white in your teeth.

These photos are from a shoot I did photographing a new batch of items for the shop.  The leaves are finally changing color. Everything is glowing in warm autumn tones. And... the temperature is dropping. I seriously suffered bringing these photos to you. Thank goodness for fire places and chai. (Side note: I want a tshirt that says, "My tripod is my best friend")

This beautiful tee has an adorable drape to it! The lace detail at the neck is very feminine, and works well with the iridescent shimmer in the fabric. Perfect for spring or autumn.

The makeup look I used is suitably dramatic for the season, and very easy to achieve! It works well if you have thin eyebrows, especially.

Little Make-up Tutorial:

For Dramatic Eyebrows: Don't pluck... Let them grow wild and crazy. Using an eye shadow a little lighter than your hair color, fill them in with a sponge-tip brush. Then, take a mascara (Covergirl's Lash Exact offers perfect precision) and gently brush them upward. The color of mascara you use will determine how dark your brows are!

Complete the look: I used a shimmery ivy on my outer lid, and then blended matte "granite" into the crease. Finish with a touch of white on your brow bone and inner lid. Carefully winged liquid eyeliner is perfect... you don't want your dark eyebrows to overpower your eyes!

Well, I think I am going to take a bath, fix a tea, and read a book. Thanks for reading, loves!

Kudos,




7 comments:

  1. Dear my! Beautiful... now if the weather would cooperate with the fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. deary its the header is gorgeous and not too artsy for a header!
    i really love!

    this is a really gorgeous post.
    the dress is amazing!

    x

    www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Loving the Autumnal vibes. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lipstick color! It really complements your skin tone!

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. You look GORGEOUS! I truly admire anyone that can choose the right colors for their skin tone, and you have done it so very well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are stunning!!!!! You have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen! And that 'hibiscus' lipstick looks amazing on you!


    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.