10.23.2011

An Excellent Weekend.

Considering how wonderful the weekend was, it's very silly I didn't bring my camera.

I am not sure why I didn't.  (I need that on a t-shirt. Perhaps I would not get asked so many questions.)

If any of you are on Twitter, you really should skip on over and follow me. 
I tweet quite frequently about nothing significant, and it is an absolute riot the whole time. 

Friday night I went to a local play called "You Can't Take It With You" with my family. If you like unexpected explosions, vintage evening gowns, and quick wit, you will love the film, circa 1935, directed by Frank Capra.

Saturday I spent the day at Pike Place Market with my grandparents, wandering around in the rain with black coffee and a spinach/feta croissant. The vendors are often also the artisan and business owner. All were very excited to answer my ridiculously random, detailed questions. I love handcrafted goods.

After Pike Place we saw a theatre production called "An Ideal Husband." Scripted from Oscar Wilde's work and set in 19th Century England, it was absolutely brilliant. The costuming was perfect. The culture and society of England at the time, which I think is a bit hilarious, was brought to life. The long and short of the story is that a respected English politician gets blackmailed by a shadowy French woman for a secret he sold at the beginning of his career. Terrified of losing his wife's love, Lord Chilten turns to the conceited and good-natured Lord Goring for help. As the intrigue increases, so does the chaos. During the second act, I was very involved. It was pretty much hilarious.

Annnnnd I watched an epic survival movie last night. "The Flight of the Pheonix," 1965.

And now, for something quite exciting...

I kind of made this adorable online friend in the past months. Her name is Sam Wish and she runs two beautiful Etsy stores, one for her vintage and upcycled goods, and one for her gorgeous jewelry collections.  I spotted this little look book over on her blog and it brought me a lot of joy. It includes some lighter Spring pieces as well as Fall pieces, so it really is perfect for the season right now.

Here's to you, Sam. I think I'm in love.





Until next time. I promise to be a better "blogger" this week. (I think. )


3 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog dearest!
    i love your header!
    did you design it yourself?!

    you have some great pieces on your etsy store!
    i'm so poor atm, especially having just come back from japan!
    but i'm sure i'll be stopping by again soon!

    x

    www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love You Can't Take it With You! The high school I went to is actually working on it right now, crazy! And I feel like I've heard of An Ideal Husband but I can't quite put my finger on it...

    Anyways, THANKS SO MUCH for reposting my video! And for your kind comments (: Since I've started blogging, you're the first person I've met that I would really consider a friend! I'm really glad we got to talking. Too bad we don't live closer! I can just see us hitting up all the thrift stores around town and spending all our money... On second thought, maybe it's a good thing we don't live in the same town! Ha! Well, thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for the comment my lovely, that's the sweetest thing ever! You are far too kind. It's made me feel a lot better about them!
    You have a really nice blog, and such amazing style.
    Lots of Love,
    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.