10.24.2011

A Brilliant System.

I'm going to risk wierding you guys out a little bit. I just improved upon one of the most excellent systems in my life, and it was so exciting, and I even fist pumped it, so I just must share it.


I always have this water bottle with me. It is an aluminum Camelbak Better Bottle and the love of my life. It has survived crashes from my bicycle and hiking expeditions. But when I drive,  it rolls around and drives me insane. For me, preparing to drive is like preparing for flight. Everything must be stowed. In a moment of brilliance, I once discovered I could use this purple carabiner to clip the bottle! But alas, it was starting to scratch the cup-holder... 


Having recognized this problem, I felt very brilliant.

So today I went to a hardware store and asked a knowledgeable gentleman there if they might carry a product that answers to the following description: adhesive, flexible, thick, removable, and protective enough to hold up to the repeated abrasion of hooking and unhooking a carabiner.

I was surprised by his genius when he graciously said, "Hmmm. Duck tape might work for that."

Really, Courtney? Really? Leave it to men. Jeesh.




So, some practical advice: 1. Buy a carabiner for your water bottle, 2. Protect surfaces with duck tape.

Ahem. Please notice the spotless cargo mats. (I am obsessed with washing them. Often.) Then I wipe down every surface in the car with anti-bacterial wipes. And spray the upholstry with Lysol. 

Well, still plugging away at our late fall lookbook! Tomorrow I am going to a friends' to photograph the listings for the ladies' wear section, and I am quite excited. A warm chai latte in front of the fireplace will be a nice way to wrap up the morning.

Love and Kudos,

2 comments:

  1. Haha, duct tape! My dad has a serious obsession with that stuff. I'm sure I've got about 3 rolls laying around my place. Where'd you get your water bottle? I have an aluminum one that is shaped like a plastic water bottle and has this screw lid and is so darn annoying to open! I bring it to dance and feel so dumb when I run over for some water and it takes me five minutes to open the dang thing! Haha! Anyways, I CAN NOT wait to see this new lookbook.

    Also, will you come clean my car? Haha, you would probably be horrified if you peeked inside. Not as clean as yours. (:

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.