9.07.2011

On our way...

Whew. The last couple weeks have been a bit of whirlwind; but I can happily say I am on my way to putting the shop where it needs to be!

My last  shipment from Amazon finally arrived today, so I can now start photographing and re-photographing some new listings for the shop. I have a fabulous 'back-to-school' mini look book planned. Teaser: think menswear, polka dots, geometric, Washington apples, and bold attitude.

I had the most delightful meeting with a good and lovely friend, Sonja. I asked her to be my stylist for a collection I'm planning to release in early October. Her skill is beyond belief, and she has professional-level styling tools. She said yes! We speak the same language. We are both obsessed with culture study, human nature, art, and potential in its various forms.

Her brain is the one I want to have next to me when I attempt this. When I showed her the very daring platform boots I bought on ebay for the look, she got this look on her face and said, "18th century England meets 90s grunge." WHAT???!?! Talk about genius! I almost fell over, I was so happy.

Even more perfect, this lovely woman is going to be in England for two weeks! We are going to have a serious fresh inspiration-fest when she returns.

Next up... nabbing a model. Cross your fingers, ladies; I need him to say yes!



Spent yesterday afternoon out at the spit. Oh, beauty.

3 comments:

  1. umm are you waiting for me to say yes?.. cuz if you are then the answer is yes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! I'm actually going to ask John for this fall collection! But if he says no... :) Plus if things go as I'm hoping they will, I'll be doing a couple giant photo shoots a season and would love to mix things up. :) So thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he doesn't say yes, then he is crazy! This is all so exciting Courtney!!! I am so excited for you - I think it's going to be amazing. I can see everyting falling into place already. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. (you are my favorite blogger at the moment. shhh).

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.