8.30.2011

Introducing: the Nikon D5100.

YESSSSS!!!!!

I have to say that spending this much money does not come easy for me. But after researching for well over month, I knew this brand and model was exactly what I needed.  And for $1, 104.39, you can't really do much better. Handling this beauty, I feel like I was born with it in my hands; and while there is so much to learn and gear up for, this is not yet the steepest learning curve I've tackled in my life. I am so excited to unlock the potential contained in this phenomenal work of genius. The founder of Etsy once said that if he doesn't make something tangible at least once a month, he goes crazy. I know what he's talking about. After dealing with complex intangible realities floating in the sky, then wrestling them onto tangible canvas with tangible paint and turpentine and oils and two five-fingered hands... you don't know who you are. High---alive----but exhausted. But to hold a man-made device, and to learn how that device mathematically and scientifically creates data from reflecting light; to learn how the pieces connect and fit together; to touch and feel them; to take the external 'what we see' and reproduce it as art----this is concrete. Touchable. Miraculous.  *FIST PUMP*

I <3 Costco. Includes: Nikon D5100 body; 18-55 mm lens; 55-300 mm lens; 4 GB memory card; really nice case; instructional materials.



Oh yes. And the thrifting find of my summer: these fabulous, super high-rise, button up Guess shorts. Love the authentic upside-down triangle on the right pocket!


Well. Tonight I am going to buy some liquid protein and a white muslin backdrop on Amazon. (In addition to a giant order for a million camera goodies I places last night!) And enjoy my nightly stretch, anti-inflammatory, ice, and chai session. Hey---I'm a swimmer. We work hard for this pain. 



1 comment:

  1. I have never even met you, but I am so proud/excited for you! Making an investment in a camera is a huge deal, and I think I speak for all your followers when I say I cannot wait to see what you do with this camera! Congrats, Courtney! PS - I love your genuine excitement in these photos. So wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.