9.17.2011

Trend Alert.

I posted these beautiful little things under the label 'corsets' several months ago, but it wasn't until recently that I noticed a growing admiration and playfulness with the style in the online fashion world. When Forever 21 picked up the trend with their "Style Clique" interview of prominent fashion bloggers (via the unbelievably gorgeous Elora) I decided to relist them as 'bustiers.' Lo and behold, these beauties have garnered a lot of traffic!

Elegant Nude Bustier, in store now.
Delicate Lace Bustier, in store now.
Silky Hourglass Bustier, in store now.
Daring Black Bustier, in store now.

I often notice them worn with cardigans, blazers, high-waisted tapered pants, and platforms. I kind of envision a semi-sheer, cropped tunic overtop with high-waisted jeans. And, of course, a fabulous skinny belt. What do you guys think?



 


Well, in a few days I should have a lookbook to share on a new website! I just overcame the strangest mental doldrum, and have various plans for a gorgeous new logo waiting to sketched and photographed. After that, I would like to do a 'studio' (hee hee) tour of the space I work out of. Have a lovely weekend, friends!


2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous bustiers! They are incredibly popular right now, you're right - I've been seeing them everywhere. Don't think I'd ever indulge in the trend, but it tends to look really nice on others :) Super excited for the studio tour! Hope your vintage furniture shopping was fruitful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous but I can't see myself ever getting into the trend - not confident enough to pull these babies off!

    Looking forward to seeing your studio! x

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.