9.20.2011

The Closet.

Whew. Over the weekend I gutted my space and very nearly overwhelmed myself---which is a truly rare experience. At one point, my sister walked into my room to find me standing listlessly with my Subliminal Messages t-shirt (can't wait to share that one...) pulled over my head. 

"Maybe if I don't look at it, it will go away."

If only. After much pain, stubbed toes, a walk with a friend, and gallons of black tea, I successfully revamped everything---my closet, storage, vintage organization, various equipment... etcetera. I added a couple goodies, too, which you guys will be very stoked to see...

The startup-disk is nearly full on my computer (groan) so I'll just share these photos of my closet for today! I really do think a person's space says a lot about who they are and what they value, so I'm very curious what you guys are going to think.

I found the 50% off sign in a parking lot. I purchased the beautiful, Indonesian-made mirror in Seaside, Oregon last summer.

Note: The bottom, grey/black sweater is my best friend's. Both her older brothers squeezed their bodies into it for a time. I cannot bring myself to get rid of it.
The clothes. There are a couple things I don't wear even still! In all reality, the up-cycled black jeans, cropped blue sweatshirt, charcoal grey, v-neck long sleeve are the only things I "need" to keep.
The little chest of drawers has made it to Australia and back and survived for decades in the family. 
Peacoat, hung up. It's weight is ripping a hole in my wall because I didn't take the time to properly mount the nail...
The tight fetish! Tip: tie them in loose knots. I DID give up a few pairs. 
This baby and I will go places someday. Kudos to anyone who owns an American Tourister.

I find a strange pleasure in the fact that the size of my laundry hamper is completely disproportional to the volume of worn clothes. 

Right now, I am ridiculously happy. Because I am painting. You guys are going to love this logo... I am essentially balking every common sense law of intelligent graphic design. (What's new?) But, I won't ruin the surprise. We'll see how it turns out. 

4 comments:

  1. Let's see if it will let me comment this time! I love the idea of tying up your tights, brilliant! I have a drawer like overflowing with them and I bet this will clear up about half of it... for more! Haha but really, good job by the way! Yay for cleaning! It always makes me feel so much better about myself. Well, crossing my fingers that this goes through!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gallon of black tea has gotten me through many closet crisis's as well. You should be so proud of yourself for actually accomplishing a huge task - the space looks GREAT. Is it strange that I saw a peep of your llama poncho folded in with the rest of your sweaters and got suuuuper excited? Lol :) Looks awesome Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel good to do a major clean up? It's so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.