9.30.2011

Cycling Home.

... from Siberia. *Fist pump.*





My darling sister found this book online (Amazon, of course!) for my birthday and was very excited to see my reaction. Which, needless to say, was extremely positive. The other book I must read right now is titled, "The Day we Found the Universe," a meticulously researched work about the discovery that the universe is infinite, not static, as previously thought. So much to learn.

A note for anyone who does not have an iPhone: buy one, now. It is running my life. Or, rather, I feel empowered to keep my life in one piece. Words cannot describe my love for this device. (If only it would hook so neatly onto my carabiner with my Camelback bottle and keys... but, ah, not even Apple is perfect.) Right now, it is encased in an "OtterBox," the ultimate in impact protection. With my propensity for busting things, this is a must. (I cost myself A LOT of money.) For how much the monthly insurance cost, I'm tempted to break it. Just to get my money's worth.

I am overworking myself. I wish I knew another way to be. To my credit, I went out last night with a friend to a grocery store and bought a giant, hot sandwich. Subsisting mostly on yogurt, protein products, and tea, it is rare for me to crave food... real food... a lot of good food. Swimming will do that to you.

Fabulous update: I found the most perfect pair of black boots for the look book today. We'll see what John thinks. If I was a man, you better believe they would be on my feet before you could say, "Are those steel-toed?!?!" Coordinating a project as large as a look book is, um, a project. But I have the perfect team put together, and can't wait to give you guys interviews on each member!

If I can only find a quarter on the street tomorrow, my weekend will be off to a good start.


P.S. My favorite part about this camera right now is the phenomenal depth of field. The articulated LCD is super happenin' too.






2 comments:

  1. My sister was JUST telling me about this book last week! Don't think she's started reading it yet, but has it in queue.... and the other book you are reading regarding the universe sounds awesome too. It reminds me of a documentary I saw the other day on Pluto (the "non-planet" or "planet" debate) that was incredibly interesting. PS - you've almost convinced me to get an iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel ya on the iphone thing! I got a smart phone recently and am in looove. Funny, I break things all the time too! As soon as I got my phone, my dad made sure to go out and get me a hard case for it (he knows me all too well).

    The more you comment and the more I read your posts, I realize how similar we are! I overwork myself all the time but I guess that's the way I like it? I don't know, I just like to keep busy and I always have a million ideas. If only I could stop time to do them all! I haven't done a lookbook in soo long because they're so much work, like I don't have enough to do already. Good luck with that, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    By the way, I think it's awesome that you're a swimmer! You should do a post about that, I'd love to hear what it's like.

    Well I hope you have a great day,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.