8.25.2011

Alpaca Cape.

Super soft ribbing and fantastic wooden buttons for closure a the neck.
I've been on a no-spending spree for awhile in order to make some serious things happen for the shop. When I went to the county fair this last week, I purposely avoided the beautiful South American booths of handmade wares. This gorgeous alpaca poncho winked at me as I was walking by... what can I say? Forty dollars later: mine. Last summer, down the coast a bit, a thick blue wool crew neck alpaca sweater seduced me. The wool is so super-soft and the illustrations are beautiful. Several days I woke up way too early just so it would be cold enough to wear this baby out.



Pardon the ridiculous light switches in the background. Top on my priority list this week is setting up a backdrop with professional-grade background paper. Tomorrow, I head off to buy the Nikon D5100 from Costco and order a few accessories from Amazon. I should have bought it a week ago, but it takes a lot of courage for me to spend that much money at once! I'm looking forward to cleaning out my Etsy shop and revamping it with an autumn/spring collection. (I'm also building an independent website to make my Etsy shop more three-dimensional and really showcase the new and beautiful pieces I have...) I've been collecting some beautiful menswear, which I am ridiculously excited about. I found two of the most stunning vintage wool sweaters yesterday and laid on my floor admiring them for a very long time last night. The effortless class and versatility of vintage menswear really makes me jealous.


3 comments:

  1. Ok, this isn't just "blogger etiquette " when I tell you that your llama poncho is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I love love love animals printed on my clothes, and this is like heaven. Worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love. Glad someone understands my obsession..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment!! Love your poncho! I want a poncho too :D
    I'm following you, hope you want too follow me back!
    www.blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.