8.09.2011

Lake.

My initials happen to be carved into this step.


Funny Story:

My sister Madi watched me as I expertly propped my camera up and set the self-timer. I then turned around and took off down the stairs super fast in order to make it in time for the shutter. On the last  stap I catapulted into the water. (No identifiable cause.) Landing sideways, I soaked my boots for the second time that day as well as half my body.

My mother heard my laughing like a maniac and intuitively knew I had fallen. (According to her, I do one of three things when I injure myself: throw something, kick something, or laugh.)

This lake is notorious for 'swimmer's itch.' Warning signs are posted around the lake about this seemingly unimpressive danger. Well... after about two minutes my one leg broke out in a rash that felt similar to stinging nettles. My, my.


Right after the fall. My sister was disappointed she didn't catch me in action.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely, lovely comments! You're such a sweetheart! You have the most beautiful pictures on your blog! I laugh when I fall over as well! And I usually find it extremely hard to stop! Silver Lake is magnificent! It is near to where you live? I'm just dying to visit the US.

    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out you have a blog, and enjoyed reading thru the last couple of months.

    GREAT job ... on your photography ... on your business ... on your writing ... on growing into a sweet young lady ...


    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.