11.01.2011

Cemetery Tour.

We enjoyed some folk music while we walked around. I complimented this gentleman on his sharp 'tam.'

A whole quadrant is of the cemetery is dedicated to Free Mason burials, including a few who belonged to the Odd Fellows fraternity.
"Though silent he speaks."
Our sweet guide was outfitted like one of the original pioneers who settled in our area. I loved these ornate headers, created especially to honor the Woodsmen of the World with the tools of the trade carved.

My favorite part: we have a canon from the Civil War at our cemetery!! How cool is that?

I went on this tour with my friend Sonja, and afterward went for coffee. I have not had espresso or that much sugar for a very long time. One mocha felt like overdoing it. I was tweaking out.

We brainstormed Winter 2012, and generally were just brilliant. I am so insanely excited to get to work on another project. This one is going to be amazing.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Looking forward to your next project. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a cemetery tour! Sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear about your new project! I need to start planning for winter.... oi!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.