11.08.2011

Seafarer.






This is my lovely friend Danae. Everyone thinks we are sisters.  It happens every single time we are together. It's hilarious.
I printed this shirt myself. I live in it. One day, my hope is that this character will be famous. Bloggers, meet Fig. Fig, meet bloggers.
The base is a compass. Yes, really.



Magnificent!!!!



The whole town has this kind of thing everywhere.


I had the best weekend with one my best friends. We drove south and generally partied it up the whole day, made completely random stops for under-appreciated freeway viewpoints, and explored a new place. It was absolutely freezing. But I was layered in wool, as usual, so there were no worries there.

We got to see the Seafarers Memorial which I was RIDICULOUSLY stoked about. I saw the lady of the sea!! She was absolutely beautiful. The main memorial is built in the center of a circle, which is marked out to be a compass. I was fist pumping.

We also consumed far too much sugar. A mocha and baked treat for the drive down, and hot chocolate and other goodies for the drive up! A note: do not buy hot chocolate from Krispe Kreme, even though the price is incredible. It tastes just like milk.

Oh yes... I am now on Facebook(Did I really just say that?!?) It was pretty funny setting one up. I still have no clue how to use it. But I'm good at posting on my wall. Victory.

P.S. Stay tuned for our giveaway announcement...!


3 comments:

  1. I miss you both. party in my stead and make her wear a pea coat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day. I love your blog, by the way! I'm a NW blogger as well. Oregon <3

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are magnificent! How beautiful is the Lady of the Sea statue?! Danae and you do look alike! I too first thought you guys are related! Glad you had such a good weekend! Its always more fun when you overload on sugar!

    I've included a link to your blog in one of my posts!

    x Aliya
    www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love and kudos.