6.26.2011

Man-Eating Vintage: oversized grey-blue fleece by alf

Every time I go on a thrifting excursion, I return with nothing for myself. A small part of this is principle, but the larger part is personality. I don't need anything. But occasionally, some man-eating piece of vintage holds me at ransom for my life... and I write a check. This time, the item is a gorgeous oversized fleece, which literally raises your body temperature in about thirty seconds.

If it manages to keep its rank in my six-shelf hanging organizer for the next month, it may just have survived the frugality litmus test. (Slim... but maybe.)


It has this gorgeous woolly, carpet-like interior, perfect thumbholes in the sleeves, and really cool geometric print on the inside of the collar. And it's a lovely smoky grey-blue. And an adjustable bungee in the bottom hem. And deep, fleecy pockets. And it's made in the USA. Mens'? Bonus points. AND, it says "alf" on the sleeve. AND the tag has a mountain on it!! AND it smells like a CAMPFIRE!!!
(Deep breath...) 


OKAY, LET'S GO!! Wait... it's seventy degrees outside.
Sheesh. I'm all ready for a good adventure and it's too hot? What is this?? ("Bob Saget!!") 

I guess I'm just an off season kind of person.

Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and kudos.